Sunday 25 March 2018

The Agony of looking for a job in Buenos Aires - The Layoff



















Maybe you noticed that I slowed down on my posts in this blog, the main reason was that I got fired from my day job in Buenos aires and my schedule was altered since I had to do several odd jobs to be able to survive here.
It all started in May 2017 right after a very good series of trips to Patagonia, salta and Uruguay.
I was full of trips scheduled for 2017 that got cancelled due to my economic uncertainty. You may think that I work as a full time photographer, but no. I normally do Logistic work, and it so happened that the company I was working for, decided to let me go along with other "10 lucky guys".
In this series i will recount all the new experiences that I went through in my 8 month job search.
First the layoff came as a total surprise since I was in good standing and had no problem with my boss or my fellow workmates. In the passing months I was told that the company has the policy of firing people before they gain seniority since here in Argentina your salary increases with seniority and also the indemnization they have to pay to get rid of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment