Tuesday 18 June 2019

The trip to Bolivia - Peru - Crossing from Tacna to Arica

























Arriving at Tacna Airport, my immediate goal was to get to the city and cross the border into Chile, so of course there were friendly taxi drivers that offered the ride for 20 soles for the 1km ride, its like 7 bucks, no big deal, but I prefer public transport for 1 sol.
Normally arriving at any airport I ask around if there is a bus and where I can catch it. Locals here are not very talkative and do´nt seem to care much for foreigners, the thing is that I felt like Captain Haddock from Tin Tin when he curses the locals for being oblivious to his questions.
I had to ask four times to find someone that would tell me that the bus stopped right where i was standing, and getting on the bus i saw a lady get on whom I had previously asked and supposedly did´nt know...and Spanish is my mother tongue, so I pity someone that doe´nt speak the language.

















The bus ride was pretty interesting cuz it drove around the whole city before landing me at the bus terminal, 20 minutes in all. Over there I learned that there are some taxis that bring you across the border also for 20 soles, but this is a 10km ride.


















You may wanna look for the biggest car cuz they jam as many people in them with luggage. I found a Lincoln continental so I travelled in style across to Arica.

No comments:

Post a Comment