Thursday 1 July 2021

Trip to Bariloche in Autumn - Biking the Seven Lakes - From Bariloche to Villa La angostura












The seven lakes route is one of the most attractive destinations of the Argentine Patagonia ,it really starts in Villa La Angostura but really, I wanted to start in Bariloche to have bragging rights.
the distance is roughly 90 clicks from Bariloche to La Angostura, most people camp in between, but since I was at the end of the season I decided to do the trip in one day, (totally doable if you are in basic shape)Also I wanted to train for the second leg from V. La Angostura to San Martin.
















I have to mention that the trip is all on good asphalt , a bit tight since the road does not have a curve but this is the most scenic part of Ruta 40 that goes all the way to Tierra del Fuego.
It has too many hills to count and is mostly and windy and windy (as in wind) specially when it hits a straight stretch around the Lake Nahuel Huapi which it circles around.


















I know that this is a very frequented road by both cars and bikes, but I was really lucky since it was the end of the season plus some covid scare and I was practically the only cyclist on the road.
The trip was splendid, with a wonderful sunny day.
I stopped for lunch at the tip of Lake Nahuel Huapi and continued to Villa La Angostura arriving at 5pm.





No comments:

Post a Comment