Wednesday 18 July 2018

The Agony of looking for a job in Buenos Aires # 3 - Working in a Restaurant´s Kitchen














(continued from previous posts)
Taking advantage that I was studying gastronomy  I decided to check out the restaurant job options in Buenos Aires, so I began spreading resumes all over town but concentrating in my home neighbourhood that happens to be Palermo where most of the fancy Restos are located.
My cook resume is basic but has some experience and the fact that I am pursuing my chef studies helps.
so actually i was called to several interviews for positions raging from kitchen help to supervisor and head of Com's.
I ended up doing some trial days at a restaurant in "Las Cañitas" called "las Cholas" that has good service and food but I realised that they exploit their employees since my post that was to be the evening manager of the whole establishment during 10 hours 6 days a week was paid 400 pesos when the minimum pay for that amount of hours ranges from 1000 to 1200 pesos, the people that worked in the kitchen earned much less and the waiters had to survive off their tips, most of them being Venezuelans that are here escaped from their country.

No comments:

Post a Comment