Friday 20 July 2018

The trip to Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia - The Border

















This past January I had a two week interval, so I decided to go visit some friends in Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia. My intention was tho then go to La Paz, Titi Caca Lake, the Uyuni salt fields, and after go to Northern Chile and down to Santiago, and then to Buenos Aires.
I was going to do this by bus, so I was told tha the best border crossing from Argentina to Bolivia to go to Santa Cruz was Salvdor Mazza.
I took a bus from Buenos Aire´s bus terminal Retiro, that took more than 24 hours to make to Salvador Mazza.
When I finally arrived I realised that the town was very small and that the path to cross to Bolivia was through a shanty town with muddy dirt streets.















when you make to the crossing you go a cross Yacuiba, Bolivia that ends up being a much larger city than Salvador Mazza.
there is a lot of foot traffic with people hauling goods from either side of the border.
It is quite easy to cross with both sides being quite fast with tourists.

No comments:

Post a Comment